Happy Hour is this Thursday!
Lovers of Fair Trade, clear your schedules for this Thursday, July 21st! You won’t want to miss our annual neighborhood Happy Hour, right here in the store on Burnet Road.
All are welcome to join us at Ten Thousand Villages from 5-8pm for some great food, even better drinks, and – possibly the best part – raffle prizes! The event is co-hosted by OnBurnetRoad.com, who will be raffling off gift cards for local businesses and restaurants in our neighborhood. Stop by for your chance to win the following:
- $25 gift card for Monkey Nest Coffee
- $25 gift card for Ten Thousand Villages
- $500 gift card for Russell Korman Jewelry
- $25 gift card for Noble Sandwich Co.
- $25 gift card (x2!) for La Cocina de Consuelo
- $100 gift card for Ritual Hair Salon
- $25 gift card for Chocolaterie Tessa
- $35 gift card for Painting With A Twist
- $85 gift card for Barley Swine
We’re also pleased to be hosting live entertainment from Ibrahim Amino of Zoumountchi, as well as District 7 Council Member Leslie Pool for a meet and greet. The event is free and completely open to the public, and there will be a 10% store wide discount for attendees with local zip codes.
After the event, if you’re interested in becoming even more involved with Ten Thousand Villages, you might consider:
- Hosting a Benefit Shopping Night. Bring your school, church or nonprofit organization into the store to host an event from 5-8pm, raise funds, and lend some support to the fair trade mission at the same time.
- Taking a Fair Trade Journey. School, church and community groups can visit the store for a journey around the world. Your group will learn about intercultural arts and the benefits of fair trade in communities across the globe.
- Throwing a Holiday Shopping Party. Get a group of friends together for a Sunday night shopping party in November or December. You’ll receive exclusive access to the store after 5pm, as well as a special discount!
Volunteering in the Store. We always need volunteers to help with customer service, office administration, events, and inventory support throughout the year. Contact Alex, our Volunteer Coordinator, to find out when our next Orientation will be!
You can email our Director to schedule your Shopping Night, Fair Trade Journey or Holiday Party here.
See you on Thursday – don’t forget to invite your friends on Facebook!